By Dave Thomas
Read or Download Agile Web Development with Rails: A Pragmatic Guide PDF
Best client-server systems books
This can be the definitive source for each community administrator, advisor, and architect who must maximize availability, scalability, and function in home windows server environments. Drawing on twenty years of home windows server event, Jeffrey Shapiro and Marcin Policht have written the main reasonable, finished, and self sufficient home windows excessive availability advisor ever released.
With this reputable MCSE education package, IT pros how to make the most of the strong clustering companies within the home windows 2000 complicated Server working approach to maximise program and knowledge availability, reduce downtime, and decrease IT expenses. As they construct those crucial system-support talents, they're additionally getting in-depth training for MCP examination 70-223-an optionally available at the home windows 2000 MCSE tune.
Definitely the right Reference for the Multitasked process AdministratorsThe new edition of alternate is an formidable overhaul that attempts to stability the growing to be wishes for functionality, rate effectiveness, and protection. For the typical method administrator, it's going to current a tough migration course from past models and a vexing variety of new positive factors.
The 1st English-language version of this e-book was once released in 1989 lower than the identify "Enterprise-Wide info Modelling. " It brought a brand new firm info version that has due to the fact long gone directly to get pleasure from frequent use as a reference version. on account that that point, the writer has endured to increase the illustration of software difficulties, either on a theoretical foundation utilizing modeling languages and on a pragmatic foundation utilizing real-world reports.
- Microsoft Voice and Unified Communications
- Agile Web Development with Rails (Pragmatic Programmers)
- Managing Systems Migrations and Upgrades. Demystifying the Technology Puzzle
- Enterprise Cloud Computing: Technology, Architecture, Applications
- Mike Meyers' MCSE MCSA Windows Server 2003 Active Directory Certification Passport (Exam 70-294)
- Windows Server 2008 All-In-One Desk Reference For Dummies
Additional resources for Agile Web Development with Rails: A Pragmatic Guide
Com/): The Ruby/Rails editor of choice on Mac OS X. org/): An integrated Rails development environment built on the Eclipse platform that runs on Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux. org/): A fully featured editor with support for Ruby. It has extensive plugin support. com/Products/Komodo/): ActiveState’s IDE for dynamic languages, including Ruby. php): A commercial IDE for Ruby. Ask experienced developers who use your kind of operating system which editor they use. Spend a week or so trying alternatives before settling in.
3. 5 will include Rails itself. 4. More, probably, because I for one rarely install software the same way twice. 34 I NSTALLING ON L INUX The first comes from Dan Benjamin. His article, Building Ruby, Rails, LightTPD, and MySQL on Tiger, is a step-by-step guide to downloading and building all the software you need to turn your Mac into a Rails machine. com/articles/2005/12/01/ruby_rails_lighttpd_mysql_tiger An alternative approach is to let the computer do some of the low-level work for you. There are at least two package management systems for OS X.
For now, let’s just assume the controller is called Say. defining classes ֒→ page 635 46 H ELLO , R AILS ! com/say/hello 1. First part of URL addresses the application 2. then the controller (say) 3. 2: URLs Are Mapped to Controllers and Actions However, the real situation is somewhat more complicated than that. com/. The web server that is hosting your application is fairly smart about paths. It knows that incoming requests to this URL must be talking to the application. Anything past this in the incoming URL will not change that—the same application will still be invoked.